Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taquito Sauce -- 5 mins -- Serves 4

Description
While I am posting this as "Taquito" sauce, it has applications anywhere you want a sweet/spicy dipping sauce. My own memories stray back to afternoons with friends drinking beer at Chevy's and eating their Fiery Flautas (do they still make those? Yum!). The best part was the sauce, and when I set out to make a sauce for taquito night last year, it was that sauce that was firmly entrenched in my taste-memory.

I didn't write down the recipe I made up for the taquitos, which were amazing, so next time I make them I'll post them, but I did write down the recipe I made up for the sauce (we see what the important part was to me! ;o).

Since its creation, I've eaten this on hot dogs, used it as a dipping sauce for things I've beer-battered (mmmm), and used it as a shrimp cocktail sauce. It is versatile and yummy! Hope you like it too.

Ingredients
1/4c ketchup
2-3T Triple Sec (non alcoholic)
1/2t fresh minced garlic
Two pinches onion powder
Two pinches chipotle pepper
Two pinches cayenne pepper

Directions
Wisk together all ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl. That is all ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment