Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Syrup -- 10 minutes -- yield 2 1/2C

Description
I LOVE pumpkin lattes, but since I don't necessarily love the extra ingredients, food dyes, high fructose corn syrup, and DAIRY found variously in the majority of commercial coffee purveyors, I thought it might be fun to create my own pumpkin syrup.  I tinkered with this a bit to get it just right - so far I love it!  (Though it does require a vigorous shake before you add the 3T to your latte in the morning).  

Enjoy this fall treat!

Ingredients
1/2C organic pumpkin
2C Water
1 1/2C honey
2t vanilla
2t cinnamon 
1t nutmeg
1/2t cloves

Directions
Start heating water in a sauce pan while adding the rest of the ingredients.
Bring mixture to a low boil (careful, the sugars will want to foam up if the heat is too high).
Boil for five minutes to dissolve all ingredients and thicken.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (yes, it WILL mold if you leave it out for a couple of days).

No comments:

Post a Comment